Wednesday, August 25, 2010
August 23 (Manila time and Nevada time) marked a two-faced day for the world. Two faces from two Filipinos.
A certain Rolando Mendoza, a disgruntled former senior inspector from the Manila Police District, took 25 people hostage in an attempt to get his job back. 9 of them were released, 1 escaped, 7 were injured and 8 were killed.
I'll enumerate my opinion:
1. Mendoza's brother shouldn't resist the arrest and don't get me started on the other Mendoza's on the site. They're not the victims that night.
2. Media blow-by-blow was a huge mistake! It was very obvious that Mendoza's watching the news from the bus. Graphic live feed, I even heard media men laughing as the shots we're fired on their direction. And Mike Enriquez' "utak!". Come on!
3. Uzi, not the submachine gun but the UZI-zeros! No wonder a teen-ager got injured, I'm not saying he deserves it, but we should stop this UZI thing!
4. SWAT: Should We ATtack? Sana Wag Akong Tamaan? and the list goes on..
What happened to the tourist bus on that day, as we all Filipinos know is an isolated case. Philippines is a very safe place for tourist, Manila-scene is just a minor minor place compared to the rest of the Philippines.
We apologize and would like to give our condolences to the family of the tourists whose lives were taken.
Maria Venus Bayonito Raj took the 5th spot in the Miss Universe 2010 beauty pageant. A towering Bicolana, 5ft 9in whose vital stats are, WOW, 35-22-35.
She was the last contestant to be called on the Top 15. Wanna see some reactions? see the video below.
She placed 3rd on the swimsuit competition and was called for the top 10.
She placed 5th on the gown and was included in the top 5. Which means Q&A na ni ka ernie baron.
The famous question from a Baldwin: "What is one big mistake that you've made in your life, and what did you do to make it right?"
Raj raj raj: "In my 22 years of existence, I can say that there is nothing major, major...I mean, problem that I've done in my life, because I am very confident with my family, with the love that they are giving to me. So, thank you so much that I am here. Thank you, thank you so much!"
1. Maganda sya.
2. Maganda diction nya.
4. Matalino sya, Cum Laude.
5. Mahaba exposure nya sa TV, kesa yun iba di man lang nahagip ng camera.
6. Major major is OK, kaso sana Bongang-bonga na lang.
AUGUST 23, 2010. One day. Two faces. Two people. A man who put us in the dark and a woman who shed some light.