Thursday, August 6, 2009

yellow day

Cory Aquino was buried yesterday. I would just like to share a video captured by my officemate , the closest she could get to the cortege of our former president. She posted this on facebook and I asked her permission to re-post it here.




Along Osmena Highway going to Buendia. It was raining but still people gathered to pay tribute and say goodbye to our beloved Corazon Aquino. The birds you saw, they were released by those poor people who were patiently waiting for the casket to pass by. They even prepared their own confetti of torn papers that seemed to be yellow pages and newspapers. - exact description from her facebook post

It was holiday yesterday but I have to work. I couldn't help but notice yellow ribbons tied on vehicles, posts, MMDA signs along the way. It was raining yesterday morning on my way to Ortigas and struggled to take a photo of this ribbon, dripping wet.


It was a sad day yesterday, as sad as this picture depicts. Wet, gloomy and blurry.


Maria Corazon Cojuangco Aquino
January 25, 1933 - August 1, 2009



4 comments:

nog said...

mula dito sa KL, lungkot din ang aming naramdaman. sa live streaming ko na lamang ito sinundan.

nice shot! talagang napakalungkot. hehe

jet said...

sobrang lungkot kahapon, sinabayan pa ng ulan.
maliit pa tayo nung nag-edsa revolution.
di pa natin nauunawaan ang ipinaglaban ni tita cory.
pero ang nararanasan nating freedom ngayon, eto na un.
we owe this to ninoy and cory.
thanks to them.

Unknown said...

yeah tobobz. it was really a sad day yesterday. I can't help myself from crying when I heard the lines on Kris' speech which goes like "I'm sorry Mom, I lied to you..." when Kris told her mom that it's ok for their mom to go, and they would be okay but the truth is it will take them a lifetime to accept her death.

May our beloved late President Cory Aquino rest in peace.

tobobz said...

-->jet: tnx sa video

Post a Comment